Mastering EMDR Therapy: A Practicum Experience
Kathleen Martin, LCSW
An advanced virtual, online training
November 13-15, 2020
This practicum workshop will focus on fine tuning EMDR psychotherapy skills while at the same time providing a forum for professional and personal growth. Participants will rotate the roles of therapist and client for approximately 60% of the workshop, using personal material to practice and integrate the advanced skills taught in the remaining 40% of the workshop. The emphasis is on developing and fine-tuning EMDR psychotherapy skills working with complex trauma. There will be a combination of daily lectures and live demonstrations. The practicum sessions are closely supervised to ensure fidelity to the EMDR Standard Protocol and the successful integration of the advanced skills. The workshop size is limited to maintain a high level of individualized attention and learning.
About the Presenter
Kathleen Martin, LCSW is an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Consultant and Trainer. She specializes in trauma and dissociation in her private practice in Rochester, NY, USA. She is a consultant and trainer to both individual clinicians and mental health agencies internationally. She has published an article entitled How to Use Fraser's Dissociative Table Technique to Access and Work with Emotional Parts of the Personality and has another one in press on the importance and art of time orientation. She developed a strategy called Oblique Time Orientation that is detailed in this later article. She also wrote a chapter for a book on Eating disorders entitled Structural Dissociation in the Treatment of Trauma and Eating Disorders. She has integrated Structural Dissociation Theory into her clinical EMDR therapy practice and teaches master classes to help others do the same.
1) Demonstrate fidelity to the EMDR Standard Protocol in supervised practice.
2) Demonstrate the use of the dissociative table in supervised practice.
3) Explain the concept of window of tolerance and its importance in EMDR psychotherapy.
Who Should Come?
Clinicians must be trained in EMDR therapy.
Continuing Education Hours
20 EMDRIA continuing education credits will be offered (provider #06003-114). No partial credit will be awarded for partial attendance.
$750 (USD) Early Bird Registration until September 30, 2020
After September 30th the rate increases to $825 (USD)
A full refund will be given up to 45 days prior to the start of the conference. After that no refund will be given unless your spot can be filled by someone on the waiting list. If your spot can filled, a full refund minus a $100 processing fee will be given.
This workshop will occur online due to covid-19 considerations. You will need a computer, laptop or tablet with a good internet connection to participate in this training. All details on how to connect to the training will be provided.
Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Registration and Payment
For Questions Please Contact:
Kathleen Martin: email@example.com Telephone: 585-473-2119